Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

July Events/Parties!!!

What would July be if it weren’t filled with events and parties?!?!
On July 10th, we celebrated Rachel’s (Jake’s cousin) 21st birthday…of course this included lots of people, lots of delicious food, and lots of FUN!
We celebrated my parent’s 30th wedding anniversary!!! What a better way to celebrate than to have a little cookout…we made them some “Surf and Turf” (Salmon and Steak) along with zucchini (from our garden) and asparagus (not from our garden) on the grill. Owen and the dogs (Jade & Colby) played in the pool while we watched. It was a great day!
On July 17th…My dad’s cousin, Tanya, and her family were visiting Minnesota for a while (they live in Alaska) and had some time to swing by my parent’s house. We were able to visit with them for a couple hours. Always a treat to see them!
Then later in the same day…We celebrated Jake’s Grandma’s birthday…she will be 80 next month. SURPRISE! A celebration was planned a month in advance. Kids, grandkids, and a few others were invited and we all just showed up at her house and brought all the food. Another great day! Owen enjoyed seeing his cousin Nathan…and giving him ‘knuckles.’
Later that evening Jake and I had a "date night" planned...unfortunately it was cut short by bad thunderstorms and tornado warnings. Once we got home we found our gazebo didn't make it this time...such a bummer!
On July 21st, I participated in the Torchlight 5K in Minneapolis. Below is a group picture of my co-workers. I opted to walk the race and finished in 49 minutes. It was quite the night! I am looking forward to next year...and improving my time!
Finally a few other miscellaneous photos from July...
I finally found a hat that Owen likes to wear! Playing at Big Lake beach...

No comments: